photography: Bryan Grayson
Shop My Post:
In the November faithbox, I was so excited to find a new cook book!
There are 21 tasty (and easy) recipes included. The one I’m cooking today is called “The Easiest and Tastiest Roast” and the name rings true. This roast only requires THREE ingredients and one dutch oven 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Season the chuck roast on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the roast, and brown it on each side (1 to 2 minutes per side).
- Remove the dutch oven from the heat. Add the whole jar of pepperoncinis, with the juice, and the garlic cloves. Cover with the lid, and bake for 3 hours.
Another recipe I’ve tried this week is the “Hearty Beef Chili” – I had my family taste test it before I brought it to a girlfriend of mine that just had a baby (I removed the jalapeno and other ingredients from the recipe because she’s breast feeding). They loved it!
Beyond the awesome go-to recipes, this cook book, contains tips and questions to jumpstart authentic conversation around the dinner table. Some of these tips are so practical and simple!!
The author believes that “the dinner table can be transformed into a place where brokenness falls away to reveal peace and fellowship, and that our homes become a vibrant source of life when we make room for God and others around the table.”
If you’re looking for a book that is applicable and welcoming, this is it!
I’ve been inspired to gather the people I know, and the people I’m longing to know better, around my dinner table to experience vulnerability, joy, sorrow, adventure and great food.