Which Platform Should I Use To Create A Successful Blog?Mar 23, 2018
“Which platform should I use to create a successful blog” is one of the most asked questions I get.
So I’m giving you the scoop!
When choosing a blog platform consider these things:
- How acquainted with coding are you?
- What is your blogging budget?
- Will you be committed to this blog for years to come?
Now that you’ve considered the above questions, check out my previous post: “Why You Should Start A Blog”
Okay, let’s continue…
Personally, I love WordPress, but I’ve spoken with other bloggers who swear by a different platform.
So I thought I’d give you the complete run-down to see which option works best for you!
Blog Platform Options:
- User-friendly. This makes for a great reader experience, and helps you out if you don’t have any coding knowledge!
- Customizable interface. You can design part of the site yourself without coding (like headers and buttons)!
- Best statistic tracking with built in options. This allows you to see where your readers are coming from!
- Price ranges from $12-$36 a month! Get started here.
- Great if you already have a Tumblr account. Your community will be able to follow and reblog all of your posts!
- Visually appealing. Aesthetically pleasing. Great for bloggers wanting to incorporate media inside of their blog posts!
- It’s free. Although you can upgrade to other templates if you prefer something a little bit more you (between $9-$49)!
- Kate Spade and other fashion brands use this platform. If fashion is your niche, this might be a great fit! Get started here.
- Pre-designed themes make it very easy to set up.
- Great if you think you might change your mind when it comes to your blog in the future.
- It’s full of other new bloggers so you will have instant community.
- It’s free. If you want to modify your theme at all, you will need a bit of HTML knowledge. Get started here.
- Multiple users can log in as administrators or editors. This is great when you reach the point of needing a team!
- Combines seamlessly with HTML or CSS for complete customization. This means you can have a site that’s literally one of a kind!
- Scaleable and adaptable. This is perfect if you are committed to making your blog a success!
- Price depends on hosting, themes, and plug-ins but the software is free. Get started here.
- User friendly. The reader will have a pleasant experience every time on your blog.
- Drag and drop features for an all inclusive design. This makes it a dream for set up and installation.
- If you’re planning to sell products through an online shop, I would not recommend Wix. This is great for bloggers only though!
- Lack advanced tools. If you ever want to switch platforms because you’re growing a bigger audience, it’s a massive pain. Get started here.
I understand that choosing a platform seems overwhelming, but don’t let it get you down!
Truly, any of these would work for you, but WordPress will always be my favorite. 🙂
I do use a bit of HTML and CSS when need be and I’ve hired a designer to work on my E-commerce site, but I did everything by myself for the first year and slowly progressed from there.
Do what makes sense for your budget, your time, and your style.
Remember, this should be a fun experience! Let me know if you have any questions!