Writing a letter seems pretty outdated these days, but I’m a big fan of the lost art.
I love words.
Formulating them, speaking them, listening to them, hearing them, reading them, you get it…. so it only makes sense that I write for a living. And that I’m currently writing…….. about writing.
But you don’t have to be a wordsmith to write a letter.
It’s actually beneficial for anyone to write a letter. Especially to someone you’ve hurt in the past.
Writing a letter to someone you’ve hurt can help in the following ways:
1) Gives the betrayed person an opportunity to forgive YOU, and allows THEM to heal from the pain you caused.
2) Allows you to take responsibility for your behavior, and releases any guilt you may be carrying with you.
3) Gains the potential for reconciliation in the relationship (if necessary).
Here are some tips for writing a letter:
1) Be 100% authentic and vulnerable
2) Don’t worry about their reaction
3) Use cute stationery 😉 – my favorites are below – just click on the images for product info