Personal and Business Holiday CardsNov 3, 2018
I’m currently playing Christmas music in my house and dreaming of ice skating, lights on neighborhood houses, frosted trees, and hot apple cider. November is a great time to take your family photos and send out themed holiday cards.
Whatever kind-of card you’ll be sending out this month…
- Personal holiday cards.
- Business holiday cards.
- Thanksgiving holiday cards.
- Friendsgiving holiday cards.
I found the cutest place to design them online here.
I love receiving holiday cards, because no two are the same. Some families incorporate an elaborate yearly update portion on the back, and others upload a quick iPhone shot of their child and send it to us. Even though sending out physical cards can seem a little pointless (thanks to the digital age) I find it to be quite meaningful and exciting. It speaks volumes because it means…“We might not have talked in a few months or longer, but you’re on my mind. I’m thinking of you and I hope your year is the best one yet.” This year, I designed holiday cards with a company called Basic Invite.
Here are a few reasons I love this website:
- Almost Unlimited Colors – one of the few websites that allowed me to have almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once I selected a design, I could change the color of each element on the card to over 180 different color options so I could make sure the card is exactly how I want it down to the littlest detail. This is what I feel sets them apart from almost any other online stationery company and is definitely the biggest draw.
- Custom Samples – unlike a lot of websites, I had the ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation so I could see exactly how it would print as well as feel the paper quality before I had to place the final order.
Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes – their envelopes are just as colorful as their invitations. I could choose from over 40 different colors so that I could make it stand out even before our card was opened. All of the envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be quickly and securely closed without licking a single one.
Address Capturing Service – they offer an address capturing service that allows customers to simply share a link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other form of social media to request their friends and family’s addresses which will be stored in the customer’s account and can then be selected during the design process. I haven’t tried this yet but it sounds great for my fellow free spirits out there that need a little help organizing 😉 plus they offer recipient address printing at no cost on all Christmas card orders.
- Foil – foil holiday cards are available in gold, silver, and rose gold and you can choose between flat or raised foil on all of Basic Invite’s foil designs.
- Over 500 Christmas card and holiday card designs to choose from.
Click on the options below for the beautiful variety of cards I suggest for this time of year:
Basic Invite is offering 30% off with coupon code: holi30 so be sure to type that in when you’re checking out or your discount won’t be applied! Enjoy designing!