How To Come Up With Things To Blog About…Jun 25, 2018
it’s time to actually create the content!
There’s no secret formula for this, but I’ve decided to share how I get over the ever-popular writers’ block.
Honestly, it begins with brainstorming.
I jot down a ton of ideas in one sitting and eventually end up with 30 blog post ideas to pull from later.
I pencil these into my content calendar so that everything is scheduled in advance.
This method is great because I’m not copying content from other bloggers – which means – I’m able to stay true to my originality and unique voice.
Here’s an example:
I outline specific topics on a sheet of paper.
Let’s say today’s topic is: Water.
I create several different ways to blog about water.
- How To Stay Hydrated In Crazy, Texas Heat
- 5 Ways To Hydrate This Summer
- How A Woman Was Able To Lose Weight By Switching from Soft Drinks To Water In Less Than One Year
- 4 Infused Water Recipes I Can’t Live Without
- How My Water Bottle Changed My Life
- How To Start Drinking More Water Part 1
See what I did there?
I took the vague topic of “water” and created 6 new blog post ideas!
Now it’s your turn!
Write down one generic topic you want to blog about. Then fill in this formula for brainstorming:
- How To (teach your reader something valuable)
- List (this means using a number in the title like “5 Ways To” or “3 Best Practices”)
- Case Study (give a true account of how this has helped someone)
- Resources (list practical things like tools. In the example above, my practical tools are recipes)
- Personal Story (create authenticity and vulnerability with your readers)
- Series (if you have a blog topic that can be stretched into a series with Part 1, 2, or 3, go for it)!
How else can I help with your blog? Let me know in the comments or by shooting an email to: email@example.com