photography: Bryan Grayson
I love waking up to a tidy home, a big cup of coffee, and a little quiet time rather than being woken up by Audri abruptly (as I literally jump out of bed) in a rush to cook breakfast or get Paul’s lunch ready before he leaves for work. That doesn’t do anyone any good.
I also love being able to get a work out in, and read my bible so I can enjoy the day with a rested mind and a peaceful perspective.
Here are some of the things I do in the evenings that make my mornings lovely instead of chaotic….
- Plan – whatever stresses me out at the thought of waking up to, I do it now. Sometimes I unload the dishwasher. Other times I meal prep.
- Tea and Essential Oils – helps me unwind to drink hot tea and infuse lavender into the bedroom. I also apply a drop of lavender right behind my ears and immediately am relaxed. Get a 10% discount on my relaxing tea and infuser by typing in my personal code VFTEAMI10 at their website’s checkout.
- Skincare – right now I’m loving the blue lotus mask once a week after regular cleansing.
- Read – Sometimes the Bible, a novel, or an autobiography. Other times, I’m enjoying visual images about design. If reading isn’t your thing, I suggest doing something that you like to do for inspiration. Just stay away from screens and devices.
- Massage – I give Paul a little massage or he rubs my face until I fall asleep. It puts our thoughts at bay and lets our bodies’ know it’s time for a deep sleep.
- Airplane Mode – I sleep with my phone in the kitchen on airplane mode. It eliminates radiation and allows my bedroom to be a sacred place without constant distraction. The phone should “go to bed” before I do.
I hope you guys are rested and ready to tackle the week ahead! Leave a comment if you have any evening tips that make all the difference!